Desktop Upgrade Consultant - Boston, MA
- The right candidate will have a broad range of experience supporting Windows systems.
- Will also charged with supporting a wide range of software applications.
- The successful candidate will have a flexible and innovative approach to test application compatibility in Windows 10 and Windows 7 operating systems.
- An outgoing, friendly personality is paramount to providing the level of attentive service that the client requires.
- A key responsibility in this role will be to work directly with customers to assess their current systems.
- Assist in identifying and procuring required hardware and software to upgrade to Windows 10 from Windows 7
- Ensure important data and profiles are migrated to the network and restored, as necessary, to the upgraded/migrated system.
- Good communication and testing skills are vital in identifying which configuration is best for each customer.
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in migrations/tech refreshes, particularly in Windows
- Demonstrated experience in testing application compatibility in Windows 10
- Demonstrated experience supporting/troubleshooting Windows 7 and Windows 10
- Familiarity supporting industries like call centers, higher education, healthcare, finance, research, corporate and/or biotech
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; there will be required procedures to follow and documentation to complete in order to ensure a successful completion of the project
- The ability to cooperate and collaborate to achieve a successful migration and show confidence in being able to address customer needs
- Candidates must be physically capable of lifting and moving desktop and laptop computer systems, in many cases, underneath end-user desks.
- Must have a car to commute to various work locations in and around Boston.
Job Status: Contract/Temporary