Hadoop / Cloudera Administrator
Hadoop Cloudera Administrator - Boston, MA
Our client is looking for a Hadoop Cloudera Administrator.
- Manage Hadoop applications in both virtual and physical on premise cluster environments while leading both backup and Disaster Recovery (DR) efforts
- Manage and maintain the Cloudera Distribution Hadoop using Cloudera Manager and Cloudera Navigator consoles
- Routine check-up, back-up and monitoring of the entire system
- Planning for capacity upgrading, downsizing as and when the need arises
- Manage the HDFS and ensuring it is working optimally at all times
- Securing the Hadoop cluster using Sentry(work with Security Team)
- Regulating the administration rights depending on job profile of users
- Installing and designing monitoring tools that are critical for Hadoop systems and services
- Providing day-to-day support for development, support, and business analyst teams
- Analyzing and debugging slow-running development, performance, and production jobs
- Coordinating Root Cause Analysis (RCA) efforts to help minimize future system issues
- Creating and publishing production metrics which includes system performance and reliability information to system owners and management teams
- Partnering with the Linux Server Administration team in the administering of server hardware and operating systems
- Define audit, data lineage and meta data capture for Cloudera Hadoop set up
Qualifications: (Knowledge, skills and abilities)
- 3+ year as a Hadoop Administrator with hands on experience on Hadoop ecosystem, Spark, HDFS, HBase, Sqoop, Cloudera Manager, Cloudera Navigator, Hive and Impala.
- 2+ years’ experience installing and configuring Cloudera Hadoop Clusters that includes a combination of the backup and recovery of HDFS File Systems (distributed filesystem java based).
- Hands-on experience in working with Hadoop Cloudera Distribution platform
- Full knowledge of Cloudera Hadoop Architecture and HDFS is a must
- Cloudera Admin certification is a plus
- 1+ year of proven experience working with, processing and managing large data sets (multi TB scale).
- 1+ year of experience in coding shell scripting in Python and Scala.
- 1+ year experience with advanced SQL query writing and data retrieval.
- Experience in ETL development and Data Warehousing is plus.
- Excellent oral and written communication.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and meet deadlines.
Job Status: Contract/Temporary