Project Manager - Healthcare Systems
Project Manager Healthcare Systems - Boston, MA
Provides senior project management leadership for IT related projects (healthcare, IT and/or enterprise) ensuring ownership, accountability and governance of critical project efforts. Leads multiple projects and facilitates activities of suppliers, developers and interdepartmental relationships to ensure that predetermined specifications and timelines are met. As necessary, participates in formal project and portfolio management review assessing risk to timeline, budget and customer satisfaction. Leads application development/ integration projects focused on billing applications for the healthcare industry.
- Provides project management leadership and direction of projects of various sizes and complexities by managing and coordinating the project team members, activities and deliverables.
- Projects may be related to clinical systems financial systems and other software development projects.
- Provides project management guidance and governance for IT related projects by monitoring project activities, ensuring appropriate escalation and reporting of timeline status, risk assessment and budget variance (as needed).
- Develops and maintains project plans for various IT projects.
- Responsible for project schedule as reflected in Project Plan, escalating to appropriate management when there are delays in items, activities and deliverables as stated in the project plan.
- Participates and/or leads quality team efforts to continuously improve processes and methodologies resulting in improved IT efficiency and project delivery in terms of time, budget and customer satisfaction.
- Establishes, maintains and communicates best practices around project management technique collaborating with PMO management to develop, maintain and communicate new processes, procedures, and standards necessary for managing projects.
- Manages project resource scheduling and participate in overall resource scheduling activities indicating which project team member/resource is responsible for working on a particular task.
- Facilitates cross-functional IT project team meetings and discussions ensuring appropriate participation, team focus on objectives and documentation and communication of agreements and conclusions.
- Works with project team members from IT groups such as QA, Integrations, Product team, Reporting, Technology/Environments, etc to ensure successful management of the project.
- Establishes communication plans for projects and ensures adherence to those plans ensuring and maintaining appropriate communication to all project constituents and stakeholders as necessary.
- Prepares weekly IT Project Dashboards project status reports.
- Ensures adherence to established project management life cycle methodologies and best practices such as ensuring the Project Plan includes all the relevant deliverables for each phase (e.g., Requirements Phase includes the creation of a Business Requirement Document).
- This is a consulting project based in Boston.
- No visa transfers or relocation assistance are available for this role.
- A minimum of 5 years LEADING Healthcare industry IT projects is required
- A minimum of three years in project managing Billing systems projects in healthcare is required
- Proven experience in delivering projects on time, within scope, and with a high level of quality
- Knowledge of a variety of Project Management methodologies and SDLCs is required
- Skilled in creating and managing detailed project plans
- Strong overall leadership, communication, and collaboration skills
- Experience with Cerner, Allscripts or Soarian Financials Software.
Job Status: Contract/Temporary