TSM Administrator - Brookline, MA
Duration: 6+ month contract (W2 Only)
Our client in the Greater Boston area is actively searching for an Administrator/Storage Engineer with an extensive background in enterprise backup platforms.
This position requires a strong technical foundation. Required technical skills include - setup and configuration of backups using IBM’s Tivoli Storage Management (TSM), setting up backup retention and rotation plus tape handling responsibilities. Configuring system components ongoing maintenance and restoration of backups and addressing backup issues.
- 6 years of Direct TSM experience or would consider another enterprise backup platform.
- Proven experience with application connects (e.g., TDP for Oracle, TDP for Exchange)
- Troubleshooting skills and root cause analysis of issues for IBM Tivoli Storage Manager (TSM)/Tivoli Spectrum Protect (TSP).
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and interpret complex problems or processes, identify and understand requirements, and develop alternate solutions within IBM’s Tivoli Storage Management (TSM) tool; experience with Tivoli Spectrum Protect preferred (TSP)
- Working knowledge of virtualization (public and private clouds); such as VMware vSphere, AWS, and VMware Cloud on AWS.
- Software development and release engineering experience a plus.
- Experience designing, developing, testing, and deploying applications/systems using proven or emerging technologies in a variety of technologies and environments
- Demonstrated experience in a large storage environment with formalized change-management practices.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization.
- Must work well with others of all levels, providing technical leadership, coaching and mentoring to team members
- Must be available to participate in routine on-call schedule.
Bachelor’s Degree in Programming/Systems or Computer Science or other related field preferred
Job Status: Contract/Temporary